Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup PRANA organic raw European almonds
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup, or 6 PRANA organic Medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch sea salt
- Soak almonds in water for at least 4 hours (although overnight is best), then rinse and drain.
- Mix almonds and water in the blender at high speed for 1 minute.
- Filter with a PRANA nut milk bag and squeeze the mixture to extract as much milk as possible.
- Rince the blender and add the nut milk with your sweetener of choice, vanilla and salt.
PRESERVATION: The milk keeps for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. It's great in your cereal, as a base for your smoothies or to drink on its own. Vary the nuts in your nut milk for a fun twist, using walnuts, Brazil nuts or hazelnuts.