Thai Veg Curry
A sumptuous flavour mixture that will liven your tastebuds!
- 1 brick firm tofu
- 6 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil, divided
- ½ cup wheat-free tamari sauce
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic whole sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, diced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 2 tbsp vegan curry paste
- 2 cans (400 ml) coconut milk
- 2 broccoli heads
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- handful of PRANA organic non-roasted cashews
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- Use your hands to break the tofu into approximately 1" cubes and set aside. In a wok or a deep frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil, add the tofu and fry until crisp on all sides.
- Add the tamari and maple syrup, and stir until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a wok or a deep frying pan, heat the remaining coconut oil. Add leeks and mushrooms, and sauté until golden. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper and squash, and sauté.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste, and bring to a slow simmer. Add the broccoli and simmer for another 4 minutes. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- For the cashews, either add them raw or roasted. To roast cashews, place them on a baking sheet in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the oven, toss and return to oven for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Just before serving, add the tofu, and sprinkle the coriander and cashews on top. Serve in bowls over brown rice or rice noodles.