Vegan Apple Nut Crunch Crumble with Cranberries and Dates
A classic dessert you never get tired of making. It is easy and vegan!
- 3 large Gala apples
- ½ cup PRANA organic cranberries, sweetened with apple juice
- 6 PRANA organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp + ¼ cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ tbsp PRANA organic fair trade ground Ceylon true cinnamon
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil, divided
- ½ cup PRANA organic Brazil nuts
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup PRANA organic finely grated coconut
- ½ tsp PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Dice the apples and chop the cranberries and dates. In a large bowl, mix the fruit with the flour, cinnamon and 1 tbsp of brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix together the oatmeal, shredded coconut, salt and the remaining ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- In a bain-marie, melt the coconut oil. Add to the food processor and mix until the texture becomes grainy. Add the Brazil nuts and mix a little longer. Set aside
- Grease 6 small ramekins with 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil.
- Evenly distribute most of the coconut crumble among the ramekins (about 1 cm thick) then add the fruit mixture. Cover generously with the remaining crumble.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the apples are soft.