Vegan cheese ball with dill, cranberries and pumpkin seeds
This homemade vegan cheese is something of a struggle... to keep yourself from finishing in one sitting! It's so easy to make that you can spend the time you save making copies of the recipe to give to friends once they try it. With a creamy cashew base seasoned with nutritional yeast and garlic that can be dressed up as you like, this version features cranberries, dill and pumpkin seeds for a perfect autumn look and taste. If you're looking for something a little more savoury, try it with fresh basil, za'atar spice and sunflower seeds - the possibilities are endless. This vegan cheese is delicious served with bread, homemade crackers, or as a dip for crunchy veggies!
- 1 ½ cups PRANA organic non-roasted cashews, soaked 30 minutes in warm water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- ⅓ cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds, chopped (or chopped PRANA organic raw shelled pistachios)
- ⅓ cup PRANA organic cranberries, sweetened with apple juice, chopped
- 1 sprig of dill
- Mix soaked cashews with nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, water, vinegar, garlic, paprika and salt in a food processor until smooth and very creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Place cheesecloth or plastic wrap in the bottom of a small bowl, and transfer the cashew cheese to the bowl.
- Wrap the cheese tightly and place it in the refrigerator. Leave overnight to harden. (If you have a small container that will fit, you can also use it.)
- Unwrap the cheese and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, cranberries and dill, then serve with fresh bread, homemade crackers and grapes.