Vegan Citrus Cashew Cheesecake
Satisfying, luxurious and totally decadent - these are the words that come to mind when eating this cashew-based, 100% vegan version of the beloved cheesecake!
CrustShop the products in this recipe
- 2 cups PRANA organic raw European almonds
- ¼ tsp ground vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 12 PRANA organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 3 cups PRANA organic non-roasted cashews
- 1 ½ cup homemade almond milk
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 3 tbsp soya or sunflower lecithin
- 3/4 cup PRANA organic coconut oil
- Soak cashews for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- Grease a 9 ½" springform pan with coconut oil.
- Mix the almonds, the vanilla and the sea salt in a food processor until the almonds are finely chopped.
- While the food processor is still activated, add the dates and coconut oil. Continue mixing until the dough has become sticky.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, making sure to press the dough up a bit along the sides.
- Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Mix all ingredients in a high-speed blender until it becomes creamy.
- Pour on top of the crust.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.