Almond butter, orange and chia cookies
These nutritious cookies have a delicate orange and almond flavor, go wonderfully well with your afternoon coffee, fills all your mid-morning cravings and make a great on-the-go breakfast!
This recipe was created by Loounie.
- 1 ripe banana or 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 orange, juice of
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic whole chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add almond butter, maple syrup, orange juice and chia. Mix until smooth and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix oats, chickpea flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well and stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop generous spoonfuls of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, allowing for enough space between each one.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-16 minutes, until the cookies are nice and golden.