Almond and Maca Power chocolate bark granola
Start your day with a big bowl of power – and by that we mean our Maca Power chocolate bark, with all the good stuff: ancient grain corn flakes, almonds and maca powder! Make sure you add the chocolate bark at the very end so it doesn’t melt all over your granola.... although now that we think about it, it wouldn’t be that terrible of a thing, really!
- 1 ¼ cup oat flakes
- 1 cup grated coconut
- ½ cup of flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or a mix of the three
- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Maca Power chocolate bark
- Optional: dried fruit (cranberries, raisins), coconut strips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, coconut flakes, seeds and almonds.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cacao powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the liquid preparation over the oats and nut mix, and stir to coat.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, lower the temperature to 300°F, stir and return to the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool completely.
- Once cooled, add coarsely chopped chocolate bark and dried fruit. Keep the granola in an airtight container.