Amandine banana mini muffins
This isn't just an easy, fail-proof vegan banana muffin recipe - we also think it's the very best vegan banana muffin recipe! One of our favorite PRANA products is Amandine maple almonds. Aside from being a great snack on their own, they're an unexpected and fantastic addition to your favorite muffin, cake or cookie recipes! To try them once is to love them forever. For this recipe, we use a mini muffin tin to create the perfect snack-size muffins. Plus, kids love mini muffins! After you bake and cool these treats, you can freeze them in a plastic bag or tightly sealed container. This way, you'll always have a delicious and healthy snack ready for your little one's lunchboxes. Just pop them into their lunch bag frozen and they'll defrost by recess or lunchtime!
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup PRANA organic Amandine maple almonds (save some for garnish)
- 1 cup banana purée
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line or grease a mini muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 3/4 cup of the Amandine maple almonds.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana purée, coconut oil and the almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the prepared mini muffin tin approximately 3/4 full.
- Garnish with Amandine maple almonds.
- Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes (if using a regular muffin tin, bake for 35 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool.