Banana, Date and Chia Muffins
These muffins are perfect to snack on at any time of the day! If you don't have any spelt flour, you can substitute with any other kind of flour (preferably whole grain).
- 1 tbsp of PRANA organic ground black chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder, divided
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic whole black chia seeds, to garnish
- Banana slices, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease or line a muffin tin with liner papers.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground chia, water and ¼ tsp baking powder. Let sit for 15 minutes until it forms a sticky liquid.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bain marie.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Add the ground chia mixture, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil and dates.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, the remaining 2 tsp baking powder and the nutmeg.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well until it becomes a smooth homogenized mixture.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups, garnish with a banana slice and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing the muffins from the tin.