Buckwheat Granola with Pecans, Chocolate and Coconut
A rich and chocolaty granola to kick off a productive day!
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup hulled buckwheat
- 1 ½ cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup PRANA organic chia seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the oatmeal, buckwheat, chia seeds, coconut palm sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- In a small pot on medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add the maple syrup, cacao powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pot and stir until well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly on the prepared baking sheet, keeping it compact.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and break the granola into large clusters. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Store in a sealed container for up to one week.