Chocolate Cookies with Kilimanjaro Mix
Have you ever tried PRANA's famous Kilimanjaro trail mix? If your memory needs little refreshing, think crunchy almonds, walnuts and salted cashews mixed with delicious Sultana raisins, sweetened cranberries and creamy chocolate chunks. Sound familiar? It's great as a snack, in the lunch box or to munch on in the car, but it can also be used in baked goods. Whether it's in cookies, cakes or banana bread, Kilimanjaro mix makes everything it's added to simply irresistible!
- 1 cup +1 tbsp spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground chia
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic Kilimanjaro deluxe chocolate mix
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spelt flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda and ground chia. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain marie (double-boiler).
- Gradually blend the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, mixing well with a spatula.
- Add the Kilimanjaro mix and the melted chocolate, and mix until blended.
- Use a tablespoon to make balls of dough and drop them on the prepared baking sheet, making sure to leave 1 1/2" in between each.
- Place in preheated oven to bake for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely.