Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
It's no secret that chocolate and hazelnut are a match made in heaven. And when you combine PRANA Hazelnut Butter, which is unlike any other brand, you get the most decadent textures in your recipes. These truffles highlight what is best about our Hazelnut Butter all the while incorporating some much desired crunch with our finely chopped nuts. This recipe is 100% vegan, and you can freeze them for later use if you want to make a double batch (you will)!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 tbsp pink sea salt
- Soak the cashews in warm water for about 30 minutes. Rinse and drain. Melt the cacao butter. Meanwhile, in a highspeed blender, mix the cashews, hazelnut butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla until completely smooth. Add the melted cacao butter and cacao powder, mix again until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Prepare the garnish by roasting the hazelnuts at 350°F for 15 minutes. Let cool, then rub the nuts between the palms of your hands to remove the majority of the hazelnut skin. Finely chop 1 cup of the roasted hazelnuts making sure to keep at least 35 whole hazelnuts aside for the truffle centers.
- Remove the refrigerated cashew and hazelnut truffle filling from the refrigerator and using a melon baller, then your hands, form 35 small balls about half the size of a ping-pong ball. Insert a whole roasted hazelnut inside each ball, then roll the ball in the palms of your hands again to hide the hazelnut center. Next, roll each truffle in chopped hazelnuts.
- Place the truffles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour, or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the toppings by finely chopping the pistachios and goji berries and placing into separate small bowls. Place some salt in another small bowl.
- Melt chocolate in a bain-marie (double boiler). Using a fork, dip a truffle in melted chocolate to coat.
- Immediately after coating with melted chocoalte, sprinkle each truffle with the garnish of your choice: a pinch of chopped pistachios, chopped goji berries or salt. For a very special finish, apply a bit of gold leaf with a brush on top of a truffle. The goal here is to make four different decorations to create a truffle assortment in your gift-box. Place the coated truffles on a baking sheet and let sit for ten minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place each truffle in a mini-muffin paper cup and serve in a decorative box of your choice!