Fig Energy Bar
Fig Energy Bar
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 28 bars
This is a classic PRANA recipe as it was actually one of the first PRANA products sold in stores over a decade ago! As popular as the fig energy bars were, they were retired when the company went gluten-free in 2009. Now, we are proud to share with you our famous Fig Energy Bar recipe so that you can make them at home! As seen at Expo Manger Santé et Vivre Vert 2015.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup dried figs
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 1/3 cup instant rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup spelt or Kamut flakes
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 10" x 15 1/2" baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, make chia gel by combining the water and chia seeds. Let sit.
- Dice the dried figs, chop the almonds and walnuts into small pieces, and cut pumpkin seeds into large pieces.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the shredded coconut and sesame seeds.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, Kamut flakes, flour, cinnamon and sea salt. Add the nut, seed and figs mixture and stir.
- Add the sunflower oil, maple syrup and chia gel. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared tray. Using a rolling pin, press the dough down firmly.
- Using a chef's knife, mark the dough as if you were cutting the bars to make them easier to cut once they are cooked.
- Place in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until the edges become golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store for up to 3 weeks in a resealable bag or airtight container.