Gluten-Free Pistachio Lime Cake
Here's a fabulous gluten free cake, with its lovely cashew-lime icing, perfect for treating your dinner guests or just yourself!
- ½ cup almond milk
- zest of 2 limes
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 ½ cups tapioca flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 ½ cups raw shelled pistachios
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground vanilla or vanilla extract
- 2 cups non-roasted cashews
- 2 ½ tsp lime zest
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ¼ tasse maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375ᵒF.
- Put the pistachios in a high speed mixer or food processor. Blend for about a minute to get pistachio flour. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil with almond milk, lime zest, lime juice and apple sauce. Gradually mix the sugar into wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix both types of flour and all other remaining dry ingredients. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until you get an smooth batter.
- Grease a 9 x 4 inch loaf tin with a little coconut oil and fill with batter. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the icing. Add the icing ingredients to the high-speed blender. Mix until the consistency is smooth.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let cool down 20 minutes before unmolding. Serve topped with the cashew-lime glaze. Enjoy!