Machu Pichu Oat Cookies
A healthy cookie even your kids will love. Made with one of PRANA's signature trail mixes.
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp PRANA organic whole black chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp ground vanilla or vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup rolled oats, finely ground
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 150 g bag PRANA organic Machu Pichu exotic fruit & nut mix
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the Machu Pichu mix on a cutting board, remove the nuts and cut the nuts into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, chia seeds, vanilla and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients together. Incorporate into the other mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or a tablespoon), spoon 8 cookies on the prepared baking sheet, separating them by at least 2".
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden. Make sure not to overcook, as this will dry them out.
- Remove from oven and wait 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.