Maple and Cardamom Cashew Milk
Cashew milk is a great breakfast beverage, and even better when its flavored with maple syrup and cardamom. This recipe is easy to make, with only three steps: soak, rinse and blend! Unlike almonds and hazelnuts, cashews don't have skin which means there is no residue left behind after blending!
- ½ cup non-roasted cashews
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground cardamom
- Soak the cashews in a large quantity of water for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain the nuts, discard the water and rinse well.
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until the texture is smooth, homogenous and creamy.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- *Flavour the milk by adding cinnamon, cacao powder, vanilla, etc.