Quinoa, Navy Bean and Kale Salad
Enjoy the southwestern twist on this classic kale salad that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 leaves kale cabbage
- 10 pitted Deglett dates
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup canned navy beans
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp PRANA organic whole black ProactivChia seeds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch chipotle pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place dry quinoa in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and then turn down heat and let cook until water evaporates and quinoa is light and fluffy.
- Put the quinoa in a large bowl, set aside to let cool.
- Finely chop the kale and deglett dates.
- Dice the carrot and red pepper.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl with the cooled quinoa, and toss well.