Quinoa Spring Rolls with Spicy Cashew Sauce
Try something different and add quinoa in your spring rolls. Then, pair the rolls with a lightly spiced cashew sauce!
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A pinch sea salt
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 large carrot
- 1 green onion
- Few branches cilantro
- Few branches fresh mint
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
Spicy cashew sauce
- ½ cup non-roasted cashews
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp hot sauce (Sriracha or other)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook the quinoa in the water with the coconut oil for 15 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Julienne the cucumber, mango, and avocado. Grate the carrot and finely chop the green onion.
- In a large bowl of warm water, soak a rice paper for a few seconds. Once softened, place on a cutting board.
- In the bottom third of the sheet, spread 1 tbsp of quinoa. Add a bit of cucumber, avocado, mango, carrot and green onion, and a few leaves of coriander and fresh mint. Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and drizzle with a bit of spicy cashew sauce.
- Fold over the filling with one side of the wrap, making sure to roll tightly without ripping. Fold in the sides of the wrap as your roll it up, making sure no filling spills out.
- Once wrapped, cut the roll in half and serve with the spicy cashew sauce.
Spicy Cashew Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.