Raw Unsweetened Brazil Nut and European Pumpkin Seed Milk
Flavourful and rich homemade nut milk that can be used in recipes or simply enjoyed as a delicious fresh beverage. Find this recipe as part of our Chia-Lucuma Smoothie!
- ¾ cup Brazil nuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 whole vanilla bean (or 1 tsp ground vanilla)
- Soak the Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds in water for 4 hours or overnight. Drain, discarding the soaking water, and rinse well.
- Put all ingredients in the blender and mix for 1 minute.
- Filter the mixture through a nut milk bag, pressing to extract as much milk as possible.
- Store in a Mason type glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Shake well before serving.