Tempeh Dragon Bowl
A dish that is widely appreciated, not only because it is so great tasting, but because it is also so simple and fast to prepare. Throw in any vegetables you have on hand to create your very own super bowl!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 package (240 g) tempeh
- 1 carrot
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Sesame seeds
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 cloves garlic
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the quinoa to a boil in 2 cups of water. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cut the tempeh into cubes, melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie (if it is in solid form) and mince the garlic.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, tamari and garlic.
- Set aside half the sauce and pour the other half in a bowl with the tempeh cubes. Mix until they are completely coated.
- In a hot skillet, brown the tempeh cubes with sauce by cooking them for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Peel and grate the carrot. Peel and cube the avocados.
- To assemble bowls, divide evenly the quinoa, fresh spinach, grated carrot, avocado cubes and tempeh cubes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle the reserved sauce to taste.