Trail mix cookies with coconut and almond butter
Making big batches of snacks for the school week? Need an activity to do with kids on a rainy day? Any reason is a good reason to make cookies! This recipe for golden brown cookies studded with your favorite trail mix are decadent and healthy. No matter which trail mix you chose to use - Kilimanjaro to take on your chocolate cravings, Machu Pichu for some tasty dried fruits, or Annapurna for the addition of bright red goji berries, these cookies are sure to be a hit!
- 1 cup oats (or gluten-free oats, as per your preference)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or a gluten-free flour blend)
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup PRANA trail mix of your choice
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic ground chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, grated coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the ground seeds with the water. Let sit for 5 minutes, until it forms a thick gel.
- In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients: the seed gel, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the trail mix of your choice and stir it in well.
- Scoop dough out onto the cookie sheet, using approximately 2 tbsp at a time. Leave 3 to 4 cm between each cookie. Flatten lightly with a fork.
- Place in preheated oven to bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool.