Vegan Apple Carrot Muffins
Classic, healthy and savory muffins to enjoy freshly baked or make ahead and freeze.
- 2 cups organic spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 organic apples with skin, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup European pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup finely grated coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Organic whole oats to garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic whole black chia seeds
- ¾ cup almond milk
- Add the chia seeds to the almond milk, stir and let sit until mixture forms a gelatinous texture (substitute to eggs).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin papers.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together apples, carrots, cranberries, nuts and coconut. Add to dry ingredient mixture. Mix well.
- Add oil, soaked chia and vanilla to the mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full and top with oats (optional).
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tin and let cool on a cooling rack.