Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Nut Cookies
The ultimate oat and chocolate chip cookie. Bet you won't be able to eat just one!
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ⅓ cup almond milk, preferably homemade
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup raw pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, melted coconut oil, sugar, almond milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, or until the top just begins to crack.
- Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before transferring cookies to a plate or wire rack.