Vegan chocolate mousse with aquafaba and No MYLK'N Chocolaty Bark
A light and fluffy chocolate mousse that's 100% vegan? It's totally possible and totally easy! Have you heard of aquafaba? It's the soaking or cooking liquid from chickpeas, either from cooking them at home (from dried), or the liquid found in the canned. Once whipped, it transforms into a light and fluffy texture that makes a perfect vegan substitute for any recipe that calls from whipped egg whites. How so? Well, an egg white is composed of 88% water and 10.6% protein - and so is aquafaba! Try it in this chocolate mousse and you'll fall in love with it. Even though it's made with aquafaba, the flavour, colour and texture are the same as that of a typical chocolate mousse. Make it for friends and family and see if they notice any difference! This recipe is made even better with our delicious NO MYLK'N Chocolate Bark as a topping - full of crunchy hazelnuts and crispy puffed rice.
- 1 cup aquafaba (liquid from soaking chickpeas/canned chickpeas)
- 3 tsp cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp hazelnut butter
- Pomegranate seeds or raspberries
- PRANA organic No Mylk'n Chocolate Bark with Hazelnuts & Crispy Rice
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chunks and hazelnut butter. Stir well and let cool for several minutes.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the aquafaba with the cane sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold in a third of the aquafaba with the melted chocolate, just until combined. Fold in another third and mix gently to combine so that the mixture remains light and fluffy. Repeat with the final third.
- Pour the mousse into small bowls or verrines and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and chocolate bark.