Vegan Molten Chocolate Cake
Chocolate lovers rejoice! This is the ultimate vegan molten chocolate cake to appease all your cravings. What's best is that this recipe is simple - no need for any hard-to-find ingredients. Eat while still warm with a side of your favourite vegan ice cream and small berries of your choice for the ultimate experience!
- Coconut oil for greasing the ramekins
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tbs virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic coconut strips
- Place 6 ramekins on parchment paper, and cut out circles the size of the ramekin base.Generously grease the ramekins and place a parchment circle inside the bottom of each.
- Place the dark chocolate chunks, coconut oil and 1/3 cup of almond milk in a double boiler set over simmering water. Mix until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is consistent. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cacao powder, shredded coconut and cane sugar. Add 1 cup of almond milk and mix well. Slowly incorporate the chocolate mixture while stirring.
- Divide the mixture among the ramekins and bake for 8 minutes until the sides and top are just baked enough. If you like them more cooked, leave them in for an additional 2 minutes.
- Carefully run the tip of a knife around the inner edge of each ramekin to loosen the cakes from the sides. Flip each ramekin upside down on a plate and remove the ramekin and parchment paper lining. Garnish with coconut chips, coconut whipped cream or vegan ice cream!