Zucchini noodles with coconut milk broth and spicy coconut chips
Craving a delicious coconut-milk based soup? This recipe is an easy and quick way to satisfy your hankering. And if you haven't tried "zoodles" (noodles made from zucchini) yet, this is a great way to start! Use a spiralizer to prepare them, but if you don't have one, a julienne peeler will work just fine. Set the "noodles" aside as you prepare the flavorful coconut milk broth, which is lightly perfumed with garlic, ginger and kaffir lime leaves (sold in most Asian grocery stores). Add the hot broth to the noodles just before serving to make sure they keep their crunchy texture. Once you try them, you'll be hooked!
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Drizzle soy sauce
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
Zoodles & Garnish
- 3 zucchini
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in 2
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro, coarsely chopped
- PRANA Jive spicy chili coconut chips
- In a wok, heat the coconut oil on low.
- Add green onion, ginger, and garlic, then brown 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce and kaffir leaf, then simmer over low heat 20 minutes or so.
- Add lime zest and juice, then sriracha if using. If broth is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water. Season to taste.
Zoodles & Garnish
- While broth is simmering, prepare noodles. With a spiralizer, mandolin, or julienne-peeler, make zucchini noodles.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the broth, gently stir, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat and add the spinach and basil.
- When ready to serve only, place a few raw zucchini noodles in the bottom of each soup bowl.
- Pour broth over noodles, then garnish with cilantro and JIVE spicy chili coconut chips.
Note: It's important to only pour the broth on the zucchini just before serving so the noodles stay crunchy.